Monday, August 25, 2014

Sharing some research!



Last night, I got lost in record-searching (through familysearch.org). I was desperately searching for more information on singer/actress, Ida James and along the way, started looking for records on other classic entertainers and even some of my family members.


I will be sharing some interesting finds on POC in Classic Film's Twitter & Facebook accounts throughout the week!

So far, I've shared a record showing that Ralph Cooper (the MC and originator of the Apollo Theater's Amateur Night) and his wife, Lillian, may have lived in a boardinghouse with Eddie "Rochester" Anderson and his wife, Mamie, at one point (Link). I say "may", because I'm not 100% certain if the Ralph Cooper in that record is the Ralph Cooper I think it is (but it's very, very likely). 

"Like" the Facebook page and follow on Twitter to stay updated! I will be using the hashtag #AigeFinds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.