Wednesday, August 27, 2014

People of Color in Classic Film Turns Two!



I love classic movies. I love "Old Hollywood". So, I started a blog that would allow me to express my love for classic movies and television (and movies and television in general). I started subscribing to and following other blogs dedicated to classic film/television and performers. As much as I loved and still do love these blogs, I immediately noticed that something was missing: the black, brown, and tan people of Classic Hollywood. As my knowledge of classic performers of color (especially Black) expanded, I could no longer contain it. I just couldn't keep it all to myself. As a result, "Aige: Film and Television" on Blogspot became "People of Color in Classic Film" on Blogspot on Monday, August 27, 2012.

I cannot express how proud I am of this blog. It has become like a second university for me--an online university, if you will. This is my "baby". You all are the godparents and I am grateful for each and every one of you. I look forward to many more years of growth and friendship.

I won't be celebrating this anniversary too much. My goal was to be able to do a giveaway this year and I'm a little disheartened that I'm not able to, but you know what? There is tomorrow, there is next week, and many, many more days ahead. What I will do as a 'Thank You' to you in the future probably far outweighs the plans that I have now.


For now, I want to say a million "thank yous" for your unwavering love and support.

Love,

Adrienne (aka "Aige")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.