Thursday, February 14, 2013

Donald Bogle's 'Bright Boulevards..."



Let me first start off by saying that Donald Bogle is every bit of AMAZING. Amazing, amazing historian!

I'd previously borrowed his book Bright Boulevards, Bold Dreams: The Story of Black Hollywood from my campus' library, but was unable to finish it (I made the mistake of borrowing three books at one time, SMH).




But I've got this precious gem and again and have every intention of finishing it. I also plan to pull some trivia from this book to post (properly citing of course). 

If you haven't read or referred to anything of Mr. Bogle's--be it books, DVD commentaries, documentaries, etc.--please do! The man is a walking encyclopedia of Black American Cinema!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.