Friday, May 18, 2012

My Billboard Award Picks!

As stated in my previous post, the 2012 Billboard Awards will be airing live this coming Sunday (May 20) at 8PM Central Time.



Here are picks for the categories!!!


Highlight=my first choice

Underline=my second choice

Top New Artist

Bad Meets Evil
Big Sean
Foster The People
Scotty McCreery
Wiz Khalifa

I chose Big Sean because I'm a little bit more familiar with Big Sean...plus he performed at my school's past homecoming lol.

My second choice was Foster the People simply because I thought "Pumped Up Kicks" was an interesting song.




Top Male Artist

Justin Bieber
Chris Brown
Drake
Lil' Wayne
Bruno Mars

I chose Bruno Mars because I've listened to his album and it is REALLY good. The album has a beautiful blend or Pop, Soul, & a little Reggae. It reminds me of a classic 1960s album.

My second choice was Chris Brown because he has a pretty good year in music despite all of the negativity of something that happened three years ago.........

Top Female Artist

Adele
Lady Gaga
Nicki Minaj
Katy Perry
Rihanna

My first choice is Adele. Have you heard Adele? Have you listened her singles? Have you listened to "21"? Do you know that "21" is STILL doing extremely well after being released over a YEAR ago? Enough said.

My second choice is Rihanna. Now, everybody knows Rihanna isn't the best singer, but she does put out pretty good Pop songs.

Top Duo/Group

The Black Eyed Peas
Coldplay
Lady Antebellum
LMFAO 
Maroon 5

I'm going to be honest and say I chose Maroon 5 because I simply like Maroon 5.

My second choice was Lady Antebellum because they're simply a really good group and I think they're going to have a long lasting career in the music 'biz. 


Top Billboard 200 Artist

Adele
Justin Bieber
Michael Buble
Lady Gaga
Lil' Wayne

Refer to the Top Female Artist category to learn why I chose Adele.

I really don't know how well "Born This Way" did on the charts or anything, but I really have enjoyed the singles Lady Gaga has put out from the album "Born This Way", "You and I", "The Edge of Glory". I know it has done very good, but I don't know the exact numbers.

Top Digital Songs Artist

Adele 
LMFAO
Bruno Mars
Katy Perry 
Rihanna

In choosing for this category I thought...digital of course. Downloads. Who seemed to be on everyone's iPods and iTunes or blaring from every corner of my college campus?

I heard a lot of "I'm sexy and I know it..." and "Party rockers in the houuuuse toniiiight!" So therefore, my choice is LMFAO.

I also heard a lot of "We found love in hopeless place...we found love in a hoooopless plaaace..."  and a lot of "Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake........!" so I made Rihanna my second choice.

Top Radio Songs Artist

Adele
Katy Perry
Bruno Mars
Nicki Minaj
Rihanna

Refer to previous categories where I chose Adele. *puffs cigar*

Nicki has had a great year on the radio, so I made her my second choice.

Top Pop Artist

Adele
Lady Gaga
LMFAO
Katy Perry
Rihanna

No Nicki Minaj? No, I'm just kidding lol *side eye*

I chose Rihanna because she really worked for it this year. She has made very good pop tunes.

My second choice is Lady Gaga because as I stated before, I've enjoyed the most of the music Lady Gaga has released this previous year.

Top R&B Artist

Beyonce
Chris Brown
Cee Lo Green
Miguel 
Rihanna

I almost didn't underline anyone because I think Miguel is the only artist in this list who is a pure R&B artist. 

But I went on and chose Beyonce for my second choice because despite what critics and sales say, I think "4" was a great album and I thought it was her best. The album had a great blend and R&B was definitely in the mix.

Top Rap Artist

Drake
Lil Wayne
LMFAO
Nicki Minaj
Wiz Khalifa

Ehh. I almost didn't pick anybody for this list, but I'm not going to be a "hipster" or "Hip-Hop head" for this post. I made Drake my first choice because despite the "singing" and the emotion, I really do like Drake's music. I think it's great that he's able to put emotions and feelings into his music...

My second choice was Wiz Khalifa. Just because.

Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.