Saturday, November 1, 2014

Star of the Month Social Media Posts: Ruby Dee (October 2014)



For those of you who don't use social media, here are the images and videos of Ruby Dee that were shared on Facebook and Twitter: 


Clip of her award nominated/winning performance in American Gangster (2007)


For this role, Ruby Dee was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. She was also nominated in this category for the Awards Circuit Community Awards, the Image Awards, and the Satellite Awards. She won for the African-American Film Critics Association and the Screen Actors Guild Awards. She also won the Alliance of Women Film Journalists' award for "Hanging in There Award for Persistence". [IMDb] 


************




I actually shared this photo on social media in September.


************

Profile photo for Facebook and sidebar photo for POC in Classic Film blog:


From Wikimedia Commons


************

With Sidney Poitier and Lou Gossett, Jr. during a stage performance of A Raisin in the Sun (1959):

From Wikimedia Commons

************

Photos of Ruby Dee with her first husband, Frankie Dee Brown, and others:


From FamousFix


I wonder what publication these photos are from? Perhaps a Johnson publication? The text looks very Jet, to me.



************

Here is the playlist of videos that were shared during the "Ruby Dee Movie-Viewing". However, I closed the Watch2Gether room after about 20 minutes, because no additional viewers showed.


************

I hope you all enjoyed the posts for this month! I promise to "bring it" a little better as each month passes. 

Our Star of the Month for November is an unsung actor of the stage and screen, Mr. Lawrence Chenault. [Post]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.