Monday, October 27, 2014

That's Old News! (#9)



This is a very special edition of That's Old News!

Last year, I was first inspired to create "That's Old News!" after reading "Newsflash with Betty Grey", a component of Dominique Revue Productions' A Day in the Life of.... As you know, "That's Old News!" has mostly been a collection of links to articles in the Google News Archive, but that wasn't how I originally envisioned it. I'd actually envisioned it as an homage to vintage newsreels. 

The video I created for this month's installment of "That's Old News!" still isn't quite what I originally envisioned (I'm still trying to understand the ins-and-outs of the video editing software I used to make it), but I hope you all enjoy it nonetheless! I wanted to share it with you all first before posting it on YouTube.


Without further ado, here it is! The October 2014 installment of "That's Old News!". 

Please give me your feedback! :)


*Made with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11*


Article Links







Photo/Video Sources













Music

"Big John's Special" - Erskine Hawkins Orchestra (1936)

"Stompin' at the Savoy" - Fletcher Henderson and his Orchestra (1945)

"Mona Lisa" - Nat "King" Cole (1950)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.