Thursday, January 2, 2014

Rest in Peace, Juanita Moore





Hours ago, Variety reported that Oscar-nominated actress Juanita Moore passed away Tuesday at her Los Angeles home. Ms. Moore is probably best known for her work as 'Annie Johnson' in 1959's Imitation of Life. She was 99 years old.



Previously, websites have stated that Ms. Moore was born on October 19, 1922, but her grandson, Kirk Kahn has told sources that she was actually born in 1914. 


My heart, my thoughts, and my prayers go out to Ms. Moore's loved ones during this time.

 --Adrienne


My heart, thoughts, and prayers also go out to the family and friends of Mr. James Avery. May both of these dynamic performers rest in eternal peace.



2 comments:

  1. If she was born in 1922, she was not 99. #smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Websites like Wikipedia, IMDb, etc. IN THE PAST (up until the news of her death) have had "October 19, 1922" as Ms. Moore's DOB. People (like myself) who'd believed Ms. Moore was born in 1922 because of this information were probably confused to see news outlets reporting that she was 99 years old--hence why I typed that bit of information that I thought was pretty clear.

      Delete

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.