Monday, November 4, 2013

Dorothy Dandridge Marathon



Hello all!


You may or may not know this, but I am a huge Dorothy Dandridge fan. I've been a fan since I was about eight years old (when Introducing Dorothy Dandridge was released on VHS and my mom ordered it from Columbia House--throwback, haha). But 'anywho', this coming Saturday would have been Ms. Dandridge's 91st birthday and I personally will be celebrating throughout the week (as time permits for me). 



Throughout the week, I will be watching Dottie's films (some on DVD, others online) and will be working on a few other things. 

With all of that said, would you like to join me (and countless others) in celebrating Ms. Dandridge?


People of Color in Classic Film's
Movie of the Week:

Starring Sidney Poitier, Dorothy Dandridge, and a host of other legends.


(I will be watching Porgy and Bess on DVD for the first time. I've been patiently awaiting the "right time" to watch this DVD and I feel that this week is the right time. Shout-out to You-Know-Who-You-Are! Thanks so much!!!)



Dottie D Online

Movies/Television:




Malaga (aka "Moment of Danger) (1960) is available on Youtube

Cain's Hundred: "Blues for a Junkman" 
(Season 1, Episode 21) (1962) is available on Youtube.


Documentaries (All on Youtube):


(Biography Channel documentary)


(Double Feature!)



(Dorothy's segment begins at about 41:00, but you must watch the entire documentary someday!)



Also, join DorothyDandridgeForever in celebrating Ms. Dottie D's birthday!

Twitter: @Dandridge4Ever



Have a great week, everyone!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.