Monday, June 4, 2012

Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor




I remember some years ago I had seen a picture of Lindsay Lohan and I thought--she reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor a little!

Out of excitement, I brought the thought up on the IMDB message boards and of course, I was nearly ripped to shreds! Lol (very few people had my back on that one).

I had to be about 15 or 16 years old when this happened. I'm 20 years old now. Now I wish I would have kept up with my IMDB account because I certainly would log in right now and insert a middle finger gif for everyone to see.

Now, I don't think Lindsay is Elizabeth's twin or anything, but I think the eyes are really what stuck out to me and that still is the case today. The picture above is especially convincing now.

I'm reserving all of my judgement for Lindsay in this role until the movie comes out because unlike a lot of people, I never thought it was a bad or horrible idea.

The only reason people think this is so bad is because of Lindsay's personal life--the alcohol, the drugs, etc.

But, may I as a HUGE Elizabeth Taylor fan step in and say that Elizabeth Taylor was NOT a saint and did not live an alcohol free life?

I'm not as excited about seeing this movie as I would have been a few years ago, only because that excitement has worn off over the years. Plus I would be more excited if this were a bigger film production as well (that will probably come in the future). 

Right now for me, this is all of matter of waiting to see if Lindsay can do the role justice.

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I just hope she sticks to her role, because i remember the whole uproar when she guest starred on gLee, some of the actors didn't like her. That's my whole issue, but deep down past her personal issues, Lindsay will always be one of my fave actresses, So I just hope people can look past her past problems and actually focus on the film.

    ReplyDelete

Rude comments will be deleted. Irrelevant comments will be ignored.